Login to Complete an Application or to Access Reviewing Panel
This is the home page for the Presidential Student Mentorship Grant. Please visit the Grants Home Page to apply for a different grant.
Please review these eligibility, submission, and other requirements carefully before submitting your application.
ASTS is dedicated to providing exposure to the field of transplantation to medical students by supporting summer mentorship opportunities under the guidance of an ASTS member.
Thank you to our generous sponsors of the 2019 Presidential Student Mentorship Awards:
- Dr. Nancy Ascher & Dr. John Roberts (1 award)
- Dr. Jean Emond & Jane Balanoff (1 award)
- Dr. Sommer Gentry & Dr. Dorry Segev (1 award)
- Kim & John Gifford (1 award)
Amount: $3,500 paid in one installment to the Awardee’s institution; $1,500 honoria to attend the awards ceremony at the American Transplant Congress in Boston, MA, June 1-5, 2019.
Funds Support: Stipend/salary support. No indirects will be paid.
- Medical Student with an interest in transplantation.
- Proposed research project must be transplant related (clinical or basic science) and performed under the direction of an ASTS member.
- A brief synopsis of your research (250 words maximum)
- Narrative: 3 page maximum plus 1 page of graphics permitted. State the reason for applying for the grant, specific objectives for the duration of the grant, and future plans and goals
- Budget: 1 page maximum
- Autobiography: 1 page maximum explaining your educational background, choice of career and interest in transplantation and research
- Letter of Support from an ASTS Member Sponsor
- A report to the ASTS National Office must be submitted at the conclusion of the internship.
- Up to 6 grants are available in 2019.
* The funding of ASTS research grants is contingent upon the receipt of qualified applications.
Once you have read the requirements and have determined you are eligible, please Click Here to Submit your Application.